Menu

I'm finally a famous writer!!!

bump, because if y'all'd read the link, you'd be laughing yourselves out of your chairs, but that's ok, because when my sis sent it to me, I ignored it, too. She had to actually call me on the phone for me to look at it.

I tried the link earlier, but it said the article was no longer available.

I was really confused, but didn't want to admit it. ;)

I think this is Aubrey's dad's obituary, which Aubrey wrote and submitted.

It all hinges around the following, "And he was the best storyteller since Mark Twain." :lol:

I like it!!

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/drc/obituaries/stories/DRC_obits_0927.\

9a93e21e.html

Robert Wayne Townsend

DENTON - Robert Wayne Townsend died Sunday, Sept. 25, 2005, at home, at age 49. Wayne was born Sept. 11, 1956, in Denton, Texas. He graduated from Denton High School in 1976, where he met and later married Cynthia Clark.

For the next 30 years, Wayne was self-employed as an industrial X-ray

technician by night. By day, he worked as a medical doctor, bank robber,

barbecue master chef, Olympic volleyball hopeful, racecar driver,

professional baseball player, seamstress, barber, undercover operative for

the CIA and Santa Claus. And he was the best storyteller since Mark Twain. Unfortunately, much of his activity was undocumented and undercover, and he used many aliases, so the remaining body of his work is undisclosed.

Wayne was preceded in death by his father, Robert W. Townsend, and his

sister Tammy Faulkner, who shared his birthday. He is survived by his

mother, Charlene Townsend of Denton; his sisters, Kathy Butler of Arkansas and Lisa DeMore of Aubrey; one brother, Tony Townsend of Tennessee; one brother-in-law, David DeMore; three children, Aubrey Townsend Lively, Leslie Townsend Ferguson and R. Walker Townsend; and two sons-in-law, Landon Lively and David Ferguson. He is also survived by grandchildren John and Grace Lively. Although his final wishes were to be taken to a taxidermist, honorary pallbearers are Reed Sallee and Eddi Millichamp.

The family will receive friends from 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 27, at

Denton Funeral Home, followed by a memorial service at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 28, at the Denton Funeral Home Chapel. Arrangements are under the direction of Denton Funeral Home and Cremation Services.

ETA: I don't get the "pig-hanger" thing. Apparently I haven't lived in TX long enough to have stumbled across that one...

Oh my gosh, I'm a moron--sorry! Yes, this is my dad's obit. The website is some kind of alien-tracking thing. I don't know. BUT somebody there randomly found dad's obit, & it stood out to them enough that they reposted it on their boards.

Iow, I'm famous in the alien-weird-things circles. At least w/ that one guy. I mean, he totally misread the obit, but, given the way I wrote it, that would be easy to do.

There was no secret meaning behind the Mark Twain ref. It was just a really, really good obit. Wonder if there's a market for those? ;)

There was no secret meaning behind the Mark Twain ref.

Sorry, I didn't mean it that way, that there was a "secret meaning"... I just meant that it sounded like all the things you wrote about him were either stories that he had told, or your way of honoring your dad's imaginative (?) personality. He must have been quite a character!

It was just a really, really good obit. I agree. Wonder if there's a market for those?

;)

I was so glad not to have to write obits for my MIL and FIL. I don't think I could have done either of them justice at the time, b/c the circumstances of the ends of their lives were so difficult. It would have been impossible to capture my MIL's sparkle. Come to think of it, I'll bet you there is a market! ;)

Hope you have a great day!