Menu

Any suggestions for Psychology?

The man who mistook his wife for a hat, by Sacks. It's summer reading for some AP Psych courses ... it's a series of case studies of people with odd mental illnesses. I don't recall anything graphic in there. I found it fascinating. Check the reviews on Amazon or something to see if it's what you are looking for.

Quirkology: How We Discover the Big Truths in Small Things by Richard Wiseman was a great and fun read. It lead to some wonderful dinner time conversations.

I second the Oliver Sacks books.

These have been browsed but not yet read; they look good:

Welcome to Your Brain: Why You Lose Your Car Keys but Never Forget How to Drive and Other Puzzles of Everyday Life by Sam Wang

and

Predictably Irrational: The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions by Dan Ariely

Regards,

Kareni

I was just going to suggest that!

SL says

AP PSYCH:

Brand NEW program for 2009!

• The package will include an AP Psych text and Study Guide with tests and answer key, plus a Sonlight workbook/diary
  • No Instructor's Guide (this is not a Core package)
  • Target audience: Those prepping for the AP Psych exam, or high schoolers interested in human behavior and design