Menu

Anyone else with seniors....

totally stressed out from waiting for college decisions????

Ds has some acceptances, but he is still waiting for several more and financial aid/scholarship awards at several schools as well. The mailman is our best friend.

The good news is that he will have some choices once all the information rolls in, but the waiting is killing us both....

Brenda

Dd is totally nonchalant about it, but I'm soooo curious! She's gotten accepted by all but one (of 5) that she applied to & that one doesn't do rolling admissions. She should hear from them in the next week or so. It's the FinAid letters that I'm anxious about.

So many changes - the end of his career as a competative gymnastics, something that is terribly hard to give up, and his younger brother is away emphasizing that they will be apart next year (although he'll be with his big brother), and he doesn't have much more school until he goes to Swizterland for a few weeks... Lots of stress... I hate to tell you, but it doesn't go away when they figure out where they are going to school. Sigh.

-Nan

Dd is totally nonchalant about it, but I'm soooo curious! She's gotten accepted by all but one (of 5) that she applied to & that one doesn't do rolling admissions. She should hear from them in the next week or so. It's the FinAid letters that I'm anxious about.

I wouldn't say my senior is nonchalant; however, she seems to be taking the wait well. And I'm totally with you on being anxious to hear about the financial aid letters. These upcoming few weeks are going to very very interesting.

Lots of stress... I hate to tell you, but it doesn't go away when they figure out where they are going to school. Sigh.

No, no! Say it isn't so ....

Here's hoping for a favorable outcome for all those still waiting!

Regards,

Kareni

:iagree:

While Ds has been accepted at all the schools he applied to, and been offered scholarships at three, we are waiting on the rest of the scholarship game to play out. He has not heard about scholarships at all from his #2 school and may very well not get anything from them. They are a big in-state school and therefore the $$ are highly competitive. At school #1 he has a good 1/2 tuition scholarship in the bag, but we are waiting to hear about a secondary, $6K merit scholarship with them and whether he made the honors college. If he were to get both, it would seal the deal. At school #3 we have heard about a small scholarship and are waiting to hear about the big one. If he got the biggie, it might make us reconsider #1. ARGHHH!!!!All the news should be in within the next couple of weeks.

It is hard not to be anxious and worried. I know God has a plan...I just wish He would write it on the mirror. ;)