Menu

Q @ Drawing Basics with Thomas Kinkade

Audrey

I do know this is put out by Alpha Omega. I was wondering if anyone has used it. If you have, can you tell me if it has any religious references in it? How is the instruction? Is it something an adult might also enjoy? I wouldn't mind learning alongside my son. I can't even draw stick people that are recognizable, so I could sure use all the help I can get. :o

We are using it this year. We are enjoying Thomas Kinkade as the teacher, but the overall layout of the Lifepacs is somewhat distracting.

As far as religious content, there are optional bible intergration lessons included, but those can easily be skipped. He might make a reference to God in the teaching, but I can't remember, it would be more of a comment than in the actual way of teaching.

I am fairly artistic but wanted someone else to teach my ds10 the fundamentals of drawing, and this program has done that. I bought a sketch pad and do the lessons along with my son. I would rec the DVD as well as my son loves learning from Thomas Kinkade. He speaks to child but in an engaging and encouraging way.

While I'm not crazy about the format of the lessons, we have easily modified those to fit our needs. The teaching is sound, I wish he had a program for painting.

HTH

We are using it this year. We are enjoying Thomas Kinkade as the teacher, but the overall layout of the Lifepacs is somewhat distracting.

As far as religious content, there are optional bible intergration lessons included, but those can easily be skipped. He might make a reference to God in the teaching, but I can't remember, it would be more of a comment than in the actual way of teaching.

I am fairly artistic but wanted someone else to teach my ds10 the fundamentals of drawing, and this program has done that. I bought a sketch pad and do the lessons along with my son. I would rec the DVD as well as my son loves learning from Thomas Kinkade. He speaks to child but in an engaging and encouraging way.

While I'm not crazy about the format of the lessons, we have easily modified those to fit our needs. The teaching is sound, I wish he had a program for painting.

HTH

Thanks! I am looking at getting the whole set with DVDs. I may get a chance to get in to the Big City soon and stop by the hs store there. Maybe I can get a closer peek then. It sounds like something we could really do. :)

I agree with everything Elegantlion said. And, Audrey, you and I are kindred spirits. I tell everyone I can't draw stick people to save my life. I actually think I shouldn't say that anymore because of this program. I'm not VanGogh, but I'm a whole lot more confident than I used to be, and my kids have gained skill. I wish he had other programs as well.

Blessings,

April in WA