Menu

Educational video type Netflix service??

Julie in Monterey

I know, I know a crazy title for a post. But... I'm wondering if anyone knows of a Netflix type of service that just has educational videos. I remember some years ago of hearing of a company that went out of business. Seems like an awesome idea with all of us homeschoolers out here.

Do you know of anything? We've exhausted our library and the neighboring communities library holdings.

Thanks in advance!

Julie in Monterey

I don't know the answer to your question, but Netflix has lots of educational videos. That's pretty much all we get. For example, PBS series on the American Revolution, the Mexican-American War. They also have science videos, and someone on this board said that if you know how to search (by lecturer, I think) they have Teaching Company stuff.

Good luck!

Julie

I have repeatedly looked for, and never found, Schlessinger videos on Netflix. I looked at aplus video and decided not to go with it, because of the relatively long delivery times (3-5 days), which would ultimately limit the number of titles you could get each month, and because there were "short wait" and "long wait" categories, which sounds ominous. (If you were in Georgia, near aplus, it might make more sense.) I think we are all spoiled by Netflix!

If I cannot find a Schlessinger video I want via my library, I search for an acceptable substitute, or maybe show just part of a longer video.