Menu

Singapore Question

Scuff

I would say that you don't need the textbook for these purposes. CWP explains the Singapore word problem approach--I don't think there is any additional info on this in the text. Now we used to use IP and my impression is that it was good for kids who just can't get enough of math and puzzles. It's not so much basic review as an extension of what is covered in the text/workbook. Harder problems, more puzzle-type problems. Again, I don't think you need the textbook, but if you need review of basic concepts, this might not be the right book--maybe the EP book???

For 1A, we're just using the IP as our textbook. It's working fine. For the next few levels, I bought the textbooks and workbooks and HIGs as well, but I'll just work from the IP book and do more from the textbook and workbook for areas that she needs more work with.

Just the IP book is working fine for us. I had one question I couldn't figure out with just the IP book, I googled the subject and found several blogs that explained it well. You could also ask here if you couldn't figure something out. It would depend on the level of the book and your math knowledge, but it can be done.

My daughter really enjoys the challenging problems in the IP book.

He doesn't *need* review. I just want to keep his brain going during the summer, KWIM? Also, since MUS just touches one subject per year, I wanted it to be something that does more. And I want it to challenge him more, since MUS is a bit too easy for him. I bought the textbooks last summer to look at. So I wanted to know if I'm ok to sell these, since I don't want to use the regular workbooks. (must.get.rid.of.clutter :) ) And not buy more. He does have one IP and has been using it, but not a whole lot yet, so I wasn't sure if it was necessary. Thanks :) I'm going to sell these, I think.