Menu

cursive question

mo2

Her cursive may be beautiful.

Some kids find it easier to do.

I would let her try it.My friend's son has beautiful cursive - his printing is not as good!

And remember - she is only 7.

With gentle practice she will improve.

Sometimes I feel like ripping my hair out over certain things and then when I look back to where we were a year ago I smile at how much we have accomplished.

There are grown ups who have awful manuscript and some who can not even write in cursive! And even those who can but can't remember that a cursive Q looks like a 2.

I bet she writes better than most MD's.

I think they should make all doctors take a Legibility in Writing class and if they can not pass it they can not practice!!!!

(Yes....I am a nurse).

Her cursive may be beautiful.

Some kids find it easier to do.

I would let her try it.My friend's son has beautiful cursive - his printing is not as good!

And remember - she is only 7.

With gentle practice she will improve.

Sometimes I feel like ripping my hair out over certain things and then when I look back to where we were a year ago I smile at how much we have accomplished.

There are grown ups who have awful manuscript and some who can not even write in cursive! And even those who can but can't remember that a cursive Q looks like a 2.

I bet she writes better than most MD's.

I think they should make all doctors take a Legibility in Writing class and if they can not pass it they can not practice!!!!

(Yes....I am a nurse).

Thanks. And just to let you know, I am a medical transcriptionist, and some of those same doctors can't speak much better than they can write!

I would let her try it, but I would back off if it doesn't go well. It is true that some kids find cursive easier than printing, but if that turns out not to be the case for your dc, then let her print for awhile longer and see if she can master printing first. There is no rush to learn cursive. :001_smile:

Debbie