Menu

You creative people, need some ideas.

I need to come up with a craft for about 20-30 ladies can do in about 10-15 minutes time. I can do prep work for it. In the past, we've made book marks, place cards for Thanksgiving, note cards, that sort of thing. I don't have stamping stuff, so that's out.

What kind of crafty thing can we do that won't require me to purchase a ton of supplies that'll only be used once, can be done pretty quickly and is nice enough for adults.

HELP!

I need to come up with a craft for about 20-30 ladies can do in about 10-15 minutes time. I can do prep work for it. In the past, we've made book marks, place cards for Thanksgiving, note cards, that sort of thing. I don't have stamping stuff, so that's out.

What kind of crafty thing can we do that won't require me to purchase a ton of supplies that'll only be used once, can be done pretty quickly and is nice enough for adults.

HELP!

I don't know if you have a budget to work with or if you would have to do it out of pocket...

The ladies at my church are really into jewelry right now - like making bead bracelets with a cross charm or the salvation bracelet. You could get the wire and beads and clasps and bag them up in ziplocs and then maybe find a few people with the crimper tools (more people are doing it than I knew) who could go around and crimp the ends. We also did a bead bookmark one time that *I* love.

I don't know if you can do enough notecards. :)

making embroidery floss covered pens. You get the cheapo pens that come in dozen boxes at office supplies, tape floss to the pen end, then wind the floss around the pen til you come to the other end. Before you get to the end, you can add a string on which you've strung beads, and then wind up and over that all the way to the end. Finish the end with glue to glue the floss to the end of the pen so it will not come off. You end up with a pretty pen covered with soft, colorful floss, that has a beaded "tail" on it to ornament the end.

My dd started making these when she was 8, and was regarded well as an artist in our homeschool group because, for them to come out beautifully, the handwork requires a lot of attention to detail. She also had a good eye for color, so they looked really nice. Many people bought them from her at $2 each for a charity fundraiser she was doing to sponser a child overseas. (The pens made nice stocking stuffers, so people liked buying them from her. :) )

ETA: I forgot that she used glue at both ends of the pen to make sure that the floss would not unravel from the pen as the user worked. The prettiest pens were ones that used two complementary colors or color variegated skeins of floss. They made a very nice craft from relatively inexpensive materials.

hth

Edited by Valerie(TX)
didn't like the way I worded something