Menu

Trivium Academy ??

Jessica I recall you wrote in several posts about a new discipline approach with your ds. I searched but I can't seem to find it now. Can you tell me more about it? It sounded as if it might be good with my ds. And he is in need of some HELP right now. Uggh. Thanks for any info.

Woolybear

Thank you. Ummmm......okay.....I actually took that book out from the library several weeks ago and haven't even looked at it! I am so fried from ds that sometimes I feel I barely raise my head in a day and see what's around me, including that book. Off to take look at it.......

Anything with positive discipline, where spanking/punishment is replaced with other techniques. The books I've had the most help from is The No-Cry Discipline Solution by Elizabeth Pantley and Parenting with Love and Logic.

I just donated the rest of my discipline books, even Creative Correction by Lisa Whechel (sp?). I needed to reset my parental button- change the way I approach ds and handle stressful situations. Overall, I am much more patient and loving towards him, esp. when he's acting out. I still get frustrated at times but it's only b/c *I* break the pattern we have established. Ds4 responds so much better to a calm, level-headed adult than to an adult who is having a temper-tantrum over his temper-tantrum. ;)

Thanks Jessica. You are right, my ds definitely responds better when I am calm (and not having a temper tantrum--:eek:). I am looking for some help in making that happen and did read some of the Pantley book. It helped a bit today. I will check out the Love and Logic book too. And I have a ton of parenting/discipline books to get rid of too. Not that they aren't good books, just not right for this family.