Menu

Magic Tree House Fans--need help

Alana in Canada

My daughter just finished reading Book #5: Night of the Ninjas. She says the books doesn't make sense. The children in the book are supposed to find their friend Morgan and to do that they have to find four things.

It seems the children find a moonstone, but not three more things and certainly not their friend before the book's end.

Can you help us figure this out?

Thanks.

(Now she says she has to read them in order!! Please, tell me it isn't so.)

Oh my goodness. Well, that would make some sense!

The dear girl has just discovered the prologue and figures that might help! She's reading it now.

Thank you both. We now have the next three books on request AND the three surrounding "Thanksgiving on Thursday" which I had wanted her to read for our SoTW chapter on the Pilgrims at Plymouth. They're practically candy, though! She is supposed to read 1/2 hour a day and she can get it done easily in that time. I'll have to tell her the other three in the set don't "count" as "assigned." (She's rewarded after so many hours.)

Edited by Alana in Canada

Hehe, that's sweet that she's enjoying them so much! I know they're a bit potato-chippy on the brain, but they'll hook her on historical fiction so that you can discreetly move her up a notch to more sophisticated stuff. So look at it as a stepping stone. You're getting her hooked. :)

About at that same level are books by Clyde Bulla. You might look for them at your library. I think he had some on the Pilgrims.

Jack and Annie find one thing in each of books #5-8.

I prefer reading things in order, but its' not required:001_smile:, they will tell you anything you should now from other books.

I hope she enjoys them. All of mine do, but the oldest is the only one able to read them yet - the other 2 listen to them on CD.