Menu

My Food Processore bit the dust today... Any recommendations?

My 15 year old Regal Food Processor died today. It's demise wasn't as dramatic as most other appliances deaths have been. It died quite suddenly while being pushed past its physical limitations. And no matter what type of interrogations you put me under I will never admit that I had something to do with its demise while creating a Mom and Dad devised science project. No, I will NEVER admit to killing the Food Processor or reveal my dh as my accomplice. My lips are sealed. Mum. is. the. word. :D

Since I haven't been in the market for a food processor for quite a long time do any of you have any recommendations?

I use the food processor mainly for shredding and/or dicing cheese and vegetables and making milkshakes when our various blenders have died over the years. (*whistling*):rolleyes:

TIA!

Your secret is safe with me. Not that you actually *need* to keep a secret or anything, but if you did, you could depend on me.:D

My last food processor was a Braun. It did just fine for grating cheese and making mayo, the two things I most use my processor for. The only thing I had to be careful with was grating hard cheeses like parmesan.:glare:

My 15 year old Regal Food Processor died today. It's demise wasn't as dramatic as most other appliances deaths have been. It died quite suddenly while being pushed past its physical limitations. And no matter what type of interrogations you put me under I will never admit that I had something to do with its demise while creating a Mom and Dad devised science project. No, I will NEVER admit to killing the Food Processor or reveal my dh as my accomplice. My lips are sealed. Mum. is. the. word. :D

Since I haven't been in the market for a food processor for quite a long time do any of you have any recommendations?

I use the food processor mainly for shredding and/or dicing cheese and vegetables and making milkshakes when our various blenders have died over the years. (*whistling*):rolleyes:

TIA!

I've had my KitchenAid food processor for 10+ years and am very happy with it.

I have a KitchenAid. I love it, and after years and years of not having a food processor, I find I use it all the time.

My parents replaced their 30+yo Cuisinart with a KitchenAid this year, after seeing mine (which they had researched and given to me).

I'd feel pretty confident with either brand, really.

My KA is a 12C, but has a smaller bowl that can go inside for smaller jobs. It works for little things (grinding up herbs, etc), but I find it does still require washing the whole set up (main bowl and all) even if I just use the little one. I find that mildly irksome. Still, it works very well and it's not *difficult* to clean or anything.