Menu

Is my dog sick? Why is she so hoarse?...

Any ideas? She is 6 years old. She has had all her shots and has been in good health. She started sounding hoarse when she barked about 4 days ago. She barks all the time so I don't think it is from over-barking. We are debating about taking her to the vet but she is eating, seems happy, and was even playing with younger dog today. She is drinking more and if she was a person I would think she has a sore throat.

Any ideas? She is 6 years old. She has had all her shots and has been in good health. She started sounding hoarse when she barked about 4 days ago. She barks all the time so I don't think it is from over-barking. We are debating about taking her to the vet but she is eating, seems happy, and was even playing with younger dog today. She is drinking more and if she was a person I would think she has a sore throat.

Maybe - and I'm being obvious here, I know - she has a sore throat. Or post-nasal drip. Dogs get colds, too. Mine had a cold that ended in pink eye not too long ago. I don't know if she was thirstier than normal, but she would periodically do this snorting thing which seemed to indicate that she had some sinus drainage going on...