Menu

Any programs comparable to Shurley English that do not use huge teacher manuals?

NoPlaceLikeHome

I want to buy a comprehensive, stand-alone, grammar workbook that does not reqire a teacher's manual that is comaparable to Shurley's English. Is there such a thing? Or is Shurley's 400-plus page teacher's manual easy to use? I can only imagine Shurley's requiring tons of prep time:(

I am hoping for a book on the 3rd grade level and up:)

Thanks,

priscilla:):)

Shurley is almost ZERO prep time. It's strictly a pick up and go program. You do actually have to pick it up but that's about it. It's so think b/c it has every single word you're supposed to say, every sheet she has in her book (both of them if you have both) and every answer to every thing.

There are some activities but they require very little, very, very, little, from you.

It's so hyper-scripted. I think it took three pages to teach, "Not is an adverb." Okay, maybe three paragraphs. I though, "Not is an adverb" was sufficient and left it at that.

Also, it's a grammar program and a writing program so it has all of both. I don't use the writing, though.

hth!