Menu

Can someone please tell me what I did to my ankle???

I've started working out with Walk Away the Pounds videos. I've been faithful for 5 weeks now. My weight and blood pressure are down and I feel AWESOME!!! My problem is that I've done something to my ankle.

I don't remember hurting it. Just one day, it was tender and it just keeps getting worse and worse. Today, after working out, I can hardly put any weight on it.

It's on the outside of my right leg, at the ankle. Not quite to the top of the foot, but more like at 2 o'clock if my ankle were a clock. It's quite swollen (from 12 to 3 in keeping with the clock analogy) and a bit bruised toward the top and right of my foot. It hurts from the ankle down to the toes.

After I put it up and ice it for about an hour, it feels better, but not completely well.

I'd rather not waste a trip to the doctor if I don't have to! But, I'll go if I should. Or, is this a case of old sneakers that need to be replaced?

TIA!!

Guest Tuffteacher

that you have some tendonitis. RICE is a start (rest, ice, compress, elevate). New walking shoes, definitely. If it doesn't get better, then I would see someone. Tendonitits usually takes weeks of rest before it gets better. Of course one can't diagnose over the internet and I'm not a doctor. Just an active exerciser with many years of experience.

If you touch it and it feels like it is bruised (but no black and blue marks) then it is probably tendonitis.

RICE is good and ibuprofen. I have had tendonitis many times in my wrists and they usually say take ibuprofen and RICE and come back if there is no improvement in about 4 weeks. Tendonitis can take a long time to heal.

If this gets worse not better over the next few weeks, it is usually a clue that some is wrong and you should see your doc.

Of course, I am not doctor......

Adrianne

Volty - I literally LOL!! Yes, I'm holding you entirely responsible! I was trying to break in my new party shoes when it happened!! LOL

Thanks everyone else. After doing some research on the web, I agree with you all. I'm going to take it easy for a few days (my dh is buying me an exercise ball so I can continue exercising!), ice, and keep a compress on it and I'll see how it goes. I have a physical appointment on the 29th. I'll wait until then to ask the doctor!

It's just SO depressing!!! I have been working out really hard (apparently too hard!) and had great momentum! I just wanna take off the last 10 pounds!:mad: