Menu

Excersizing (wow, I can't even *spell* it!) in the courtyard...

So I pulled out a podometer & gave it a go. First, one lap, to measure the distance, & HOT DOG one time around was .66m!!! The other night, dh & I did 3 laps in about 30min. I can TOTALLY do this, I'm thinking.

So I go around again, pulling 100+ lbs of kid in a red wagon. Boy, they're heavy. But it's good. They're playing now, & I'm going to try to run it w/out stopping. 1 lap, plus a little. We'll see how close I get to a m w/out stopping.

I make it all the way around plus back to the playground. I can't breathe. Chest pains. But. I. made. it.

I look down at the podometer. It says something like .483m. WHAT??!?!?!

Apparently, I misread the first time. 1 lap = 0.066m, not 0.66m. I walk around a few more times, dejected, & absorbed in NPR's interview w/ a guy about off-shore bank accounts & tax law, come inside, & *now* the podometer says 0.66m. By *now* I think I've gone around TEN times.

I do the math. Sure enough, 10 x 0.066= 0.66. So 15 laps would equal a mile. 15. :blink::ack2::crying::lol:

You definitely need a wiifit. I find it much more encouraging to exercise with funny looking little video game people cheering me on. LOL

Oh, you have no idea. I'm not really into video games, but I'll do ANYTHING for a funny looking video game person. When y'all first started talking about Wii Fit, I was sold. Now to save up $400. :lol: Dh might go for a Craig's List treadmill after all, huh?

On the bright side, though, I'm doing laundry now, & I think I've made up my 0.333m carrying 4 loads of laundry back & forth to the laundry room, halfway down the courtyard lap. If only I'd thought to wear the podometer, so I could know for sure. :glare: (I doubt I want to know for sure, lol!)

And yep, Jet, we've been sick here, but since my family came to town over the weekend, I've regained everything I'd lost this month. Good news is, it wasn't much. :lol: I'm trying to make smaller goals for myself, so while ultimately, I'd like to weigh what I weighed when we got married by my birthday in July, right now I'm just trying to lose 5lb by dh's birthday at the end of this month.

Since I've got so much to lose, I've been treating it lightly. Like if I just drink more water & eat a *little* healthier, 5lb ought to fall off. But I've realized in the last week that I have to treat every 5lb like it's the last 5 I've got to lose. If I work that hard for the 1st 5, then there's a much better chance that there will be a next 5. I just wish there were only 5. Then I'd quit. :lol:

Completely off topic:

Aubrey, I just wanted to say that as a mostly lurker you are one of my favorite posters. I always open your posts. You are always well spoken and usually very funny. :lol: Just wanted to say thank you for the smile.:D

(I can also see myself making the same mistake. I am a very bad judge of distance.)

Completely off topic:

Aubrey, I just wanted to say that as a mostly lurker you are one of my favorite posters. I always open your posts. You are always well spoken and usually very funny. :lol: Just wanted to say thank you for the smile.:D

(I can also see myself making the same mistake. I am a very bad judge of distance.)

Oh my goodness, you're sweet! I must be a bad judge of distance, huh? But hey, at least I'm optimistic? As long as I don't have a podometer, lol!

Hmmm...I bet that's really PEDometer....