Menu

Homeschool Tracker Plus with Macs?

I bailed on Edu-Track and switched to Homeschool Tracker Plus over Christmas break. I have a friend who's had a really bad experience with Edu-Track and would like to switch as well, but she's running a Mac.

Is there anyone here who is succesfully running it on a Mac who'd be willing to comment on it? Anyone who would advise against it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks -

Guest halfpinthouse

I'm the friend! Thanks for posting the question, Keri.

It's true - horrid experience that I'm still in counseling over to get over. Kidding. Sorta.

What I really want to know (and I have probably scoured this board before looking for an answer but am hoping someone will have since solved this problem for Mac users) is this:

What in the world do Mac users use for lesson planning, and more importantly (sadly, this is more important to me right now) hour tracking? I'm seriously thinking about creating a paper spreadsheet for all four of my kids, but I think that's going to be a nightmare to maintain.

There should be something for this. I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks for the help if you can point me in the right direction!

I bailed on Edu-Track and switched to Homeschool Tracker Plus over Christmas break. I have a friend who's had a really bad experience with Edu-Track and would like to switch as well, but she's running a Mac.

Is there anyone here who is succesfully running it on a Mac who'd be willing to comment on it? Anyone who would advise against it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks -

The only way to run HST+ on a Mac is to have a program like Parallel so it will run like Windows. However, I have this and I still have lots of problems. It will just stop running - rather irritating though I don't lose any data.

I just bought some new Window XP machines and I am going to run it only there. I love HST+, but not on the Mac. I don't want to start over because I have all my lesson plans and info put into HST+. For me personally, I love HST+ and will gladly move it over to my new Windows machines.

Just my $.02.

Oh, BLESS YOU Suzanne! I'm checking this out right now!!

Thanks!

Hey, I know you! Through your blog anyway. :) I've read it for several years. I even won a contest on it last fall.

I have an iMac and have installed Parallels. We needed to be able to run Windows because of some software we use with our online store, but I was thrilled to use it for HST+, too.

The only way to run HST+ on a Mac is to have a program like Parallel so it will run like Windows. However, I have this and I still have lots of problems. It will just stop running - rather irritating though I don't lose any data.
Which build of Parallels are you running? I had innumerable difficulties in Leopard (and not just with HST+) until I went back to the recommended build. Since then, I've had no problems. A new version of Parallels has been released since then, maybe a month ago.