Menu

We have our first showing tomorrow....

and I'm not at all prepared. I only listed the house on Craigslist on Friday and 3 people have responded. I had planned on showing the house only on weekends but one couple has to make a decision on whether to accept an offer on their house by tomorrow night, so they want to come see our house tomorrow evening. SO...I'm going to try to load a lot of the clutter into boxes and into the van and workshop. I'll try to pick up as if we were having guests but that's all I'll be able to do. I warned her that I wouldn't be able to get the house prepared. But I'm a little bit in panic mode. What's the best way to declutter fast??

and I'm not at all prepared. I only listed the house on Craigslist on Friday and 3 people have responded. I had planned on showing the house only on weekends but one couple has to make a decision on whether to accept an offer on their house by tomorrow night, so they want to come see our house tomorrow evening. SO...I'm going to try to load a lot of the clutter into boxes and into the van and workshop. I'll try to pick up as if we were having guests but that's all I'll be able to do. I warned her that I wouldn't be able to get the house prepared. But I'm a little bit in panic mode. What's the best way to declutter fast??

with that many kids -- never going to be easy, sorry. I have 5 kids and selling our house last year was murder with our kids, their necessaries and unnecessaries. DH and I spent the first 6 months after listing unloading the house. In the end we had 3 kids sleeping on the floor for an additional 6 months just to "declutter" the bedrooms and make it look like 7 people did not indeed live there.

A potential serious buyer should be able to see past some of the stuff lying around. Hopefully this will be your first and last successful showing.

I think your plan sounds as good as it gets on short notice. You might want to take one room and make it the dumping ground. I hope it works out. I know they say to declutter but I can see past it when I look at houses. Maybe because I am used to it. :)

Well, we are on the opposite end right now, looking for a house.

I would certainly try to declutter as much as you can. Load it up in a vehicle, etc. and don't leave it in the house as it will make the room/closet, etc. look very messy.

I know you can't do this today, but maybe take the week off from school and DEJUNK as much as possible. If it is something you won't move to your next home, get RID of it NOW. Make one box/bag for trash and one for donation---every item you touch much have a nice home to stay or it goes into one of these boxes.

If the appliances are staying, clean them. Make sure the bathrooms are clean and have plenty of TP (my dd had to go at one home we were looking at)

Honestly, the biggest thing for me was not having clutter around--make the closets only 1/2 full so they look bigger, same thing with cabinets, etc.