Menu

What to do with leftover turkey?

Oooh, yum! I love turkey.

Chicken & dumplings, but with turkey. Turkey "white" chili. Turkey Tetrazzini. Turkey casserole. Turkey pie. Turkey - minestrone soup, cream of turkey soup, turkey chowder. Turkey enchiladas (my personal favorite recipe is the Enchiladas Verdes from Cooking Light). Cheese tortellini tossed with turkey, pesto, fresh mozzerella and grape tomatoes...

(I'm feeling a little "Bubba Gump's turkey store".)

:D

I like to make turkey potpie (crustless, with a mashed potato topping), turkey hash to go with eggs, or add it to curried lentils.

How do you make a crustless pot pie? My dd can't have gluten (in most breads) so I haven't been able to make a pot pie in years! Please share your recipe!

I cut up the white meat and use it in enchiladas. I saute onions and peppers and then add in the cut up turkey meat. Heat until warmed through. Fill flour tortills with this mixture and add some shredded cheese. Put in a 9 x 13 pan. Then mix a can of cream of chicken soup with sour cream and a can of green chilles. Pour this over the top and add a little more shredded cheese. Bake in the oven just until warmed through and top is bubbly.

Honestly, you could almost call it turkey shepherd's pie as easily as crustless pot pie... I dice the turkey and add in peas, celery, cubed carrots, and pearl onions. I pour gravy over the whole thing, then top with mashed potatoes. The filling tastes just like any pot pie, but is lacking the yummy crust (I can't eat much wheat myself). It's especially easy to do with leftover mashed potatoes. I usually sprinkle some paprika and chives over the top just because it looks so nice.

Honestly, you could almost call it turkey shepherd's pie as easily as crustless pot pie... I dice the turkey and add in peas, celery, cubed carrots, and pearl onions. I pour gravy over the whole thing, then top with mashed potatoes. The filling tastes just like any pot pie, but is lacking the yummy crust (I can't eat much wheat myself). It's especially easy to do with leftover mashed potatoes. I usually sprinkle some paprika and chives over the top just because it looks so nice.

Jen, thank you for the recipe. I actually used it tonight! Okay, I used it with some modifications.:D I had to accomodate picky eaters. But it was good. And I will make it again. Thanks!