Menu

1/8, Thursday Exercise thread

First thing - Jennifer, where are you!!!

Good morning. I hope the rest of you are doing well.

It's chilly out there. I really need to go shower as sitting here, cooling off, I'm getting downright cold!

Long run for Thursday. I guess they get long from here on, mostly. It felt like a head wind the second 1/2 of the run - not fun! And my ear were/are cold!

41-43 degrees - tech long sleeve, capri length pants, running hat (VERY glad I did not wear the skort I was thinking of wearing!)

Time Taken: 01:17:09

Total Distance: 7.54 mi.

Burned: 773 (kcal)

Pace: 10:13 (avg)

Speed: 5.86 (mi/hr) (avg)

I'm happy with the average pace today. :) At one point I looked at my iPhone and it said my current pace was 17:xx! Yes, I was still running! But I had been drinking either gel or water right before, that always slows me down.

Wow. I'm in awe. I really hope that someday I have that kind of endurance.

Today was my third day in a row on the treadmill. I power walked/ran 3.6 km (2.2 miles) in just over 30 minutes.

The really fun news is that we got a Wii Fit for Christmas and it arrived last night! Dd is downstairs setting it up right now. I'm really looking forward to figuring it out.

Cheryl - Wow! What a great run.

Good job, ladies.

I met my workout buddy this morning and we did lower body weight training, abs and cardio. The summary feature on the cardio machine wasn't working but here are my estimated stats:

Interval cardio - eliptical 30 minutes

Average heart rate - high 140s

Distance 2.5 miles

Calories burned 270

Have a great day, everybody!

Today was my third day in a row on the treadmill. I power walked/ran 3.6 km (2.2 miles) in just over 30 minutes.

The really fun news is that we got a Wii Fit for Christmas and it arrived last night! Dd is downstairs setting it up right now. I'm really looking forward to figuring it out.

If you keep working at it, you will have that kind of endurance.

Great job on the run! You will enjoy the Fit!

I met my workout buddy this morning and we did lower body weight training, abs and cardio. The summary feature on the cardio machine wasn't working but here are my estimated stats:

Interval cardio - eliptical 30 minutes

Average heart rate - high 140s

Distance 2.5 miles

Calories burned 270

Have a great day, everybody!

Good job Ferdie!

It's taken me a good long while ~ and my weather-inflicted lack of running lately has been a setback ~ but my endurance has increased hundred-fold just in the last year or so. I took up running again (I was a sometimes-runner in my single days) when I was recovering from a c-section followed by a double-abdominal hernia repair. (Sorry if you've heard this before!) Actually, at that point, it wasn't even running. For months after those back-to-back surgeries I could hardly walk, much less run.

I felt kinda silly initially when I started the Couch-to-5K plan. I mean, there I was relatively young, not the least bit overweight, and yet slow walking/running was all I could handle. As it turned out, though, I ran the 5K before finishing the plan and I was happy with my time (33 minutes or so?). Slowly but surely I've increased my endurance and lowered my pace ever since. Back then, I never would have thought I could run a 10k at a 7:45/mile pace, or put in a 14 mile training run.

I am one who has to truly work at being a runner; it doesn't come naturally to me. I get frustrated if I don't think I'm improving, but when I take a moment and consider how far I've come (literally and figuratively;)) over the past few years, it's encouraging.

All of which is to say, keep on keeping on, Sarah. You go, girl!

I so agree, Debbie! I really look forward to this thread and don't even come on WTM until I've done my exercise for the day. :)

Cheryl and Colleen, you guys are SO inspiring! I hope that my old body will some day allow me to do what you guys do without a second thought.

And Colleen, you just aren't catching a break with that weather, eh? :grouphug:

For today, I am FINALLY at pre-injury speed!!!! I walked at 14.6 min/mile, 3.8 miles and 55.5 minutes. I'm not sure when I'll start running again - I'm a little afraid AND I'm still strengthening, but maybe I'll go way way back to week one of C25K tomorrow and see how it feels. I think it has only been 2 weeks...

For now, I'm doing stretching (quad, hammies, plantar/soleus, calf, hip flexors and glutes) before and after stretching and I will probably start adding these strengthening exercises in tomorrow.

For today, I am FINALLY at pre-injury speed!!!! I walked at 14.6 min/mile, 3.8 miles and 55.5 minutes. I'm not sure when I'll start running again - I'm a little afraid AND I'm still strengthening, but maybe I'll go way way back to week one of C25K tomorrow and see how it feels. I think it has only been 2 weeks...

For now, I'm doing stretching (quad, hammies, plantar/soleus, calf, hip flexors and glutes) before and after stretching and I will probably start adding these strengthening exercises in tomorrow.

Good job! It sounds like a plan to me!

30 min Wii Fit this morning and then 30 min again before dinner ... unfortunately I'm having bad PMS and had a blizzard for the chocolate :blush::blush: ... back to eating well tomorrow. I did about an hour total yesterday too, but forgot to post.

30 min Wii Fit this morning and then 30 min again before dinner ... unfortunately I'm having bad PMS and had a blizzard for the chocolate :blush::blush: ... back to eating well tomorrow. I did about an hour total yesterday too, but forgot to post.

Great job on the Fit Angel! (go hide the chocolate! Hide mine too.)