Menu

What is iridology

There are many places within the body that will show the general state of the body. There are areas within the iris that correspond to other areas within the body. The thing with iridology is that most people assume it is a method of diagnosis and therefore think it is whacked. It is not a method of diagnosis but rather a method of determining the general state of the body and tendencies that the body may have. So, if you want to have iridology done for the sake of learning about your perimenopausal symptoms, you might not get what you want. If you want education on improving general health you will get what you want.

Some call it whacked, some think it is scientific.

I doubt anyone could claim it was scientific. I don't think there are any real studies or research regarding it. Some people may claim it's effective but that's a far cry from making any reasonable claim that it's scientific.

I doubt anyone could claim it was scientific. I don't think there are any real studies or research regarding it. Some people may claim it's effective but that's a far cry from making any reasonable claim that it's scientific.

Its an interesting time we live in when things pharmaceutical companies produce after millions of $ of research, which still have incredibly high levels of side effects but suppress symptoms, are called "scientific", but something that cant be patented but has commonly been used efectively with little or no negative side effects for thousands of years- is called unscientific because no one can make enough money out of it to put the $ into research.

The word "scientific" just doesnt do it for me any more.

Its an interesting time we live in when things pharmaceutical companies produce after millions of $ of research, which still have incredibly high levels of side effects but suppress symptoms, are called "scientific", but something that cant be patented but has commonly been used efectively with little or no negative side effects for thousands of years- is called unscientific because no one can make enough money out of it to put the $ into research.

The word "scientific" just doesnt do it for me any more.

*shrug* I'm no fan of pharmaceuticals but at least there is research for people to review and analyze and find fault with. Scientific doesn't mean truthful, rather it implies that there's a trail of research and data that people can take a critical look at.

Don't think I'm claiming anything unscientific should be dismissed. Simply that though iridology may be accepted by some but there's nothing scientific about that acceptence. Trust, faith and experience probably have much more to do with it. And those aren't inferior measures.

Edited by dawn of ns