Menu

What changes are expected with WTM 3rd edition?

lovetobehome

Should I get WTM 2nd edition or wait for 3rd?  

1. 1. Should I get WTM 2nd edition or wait for 3rd?

• Get 2nd edition, it is cheaper, and will be similar
    • Wait for 3rd, it will be most useful in the long haul

I have only the 1999 edition. But here are my thoughts ;)

Teaching philosopy is going to be very similar in all three -99, 04, or 09.

It is only the actual recommended texts that are going to vary in some cases.

Are you really wanting specific titles? Or are you going to reasearch 93 spelling programs no matter what WTM says? Do you just want that chapter on how to set up a history program for a 4th grader? Or you really want to know "buy SOTW 4"?

The newer ones are of course going to have all of the Peace Hill published texts as main recomendations (FLL, WWE, SOTW). The '99 edition is going to have the most non-peace hill ideas, but several are not being published anymore.

And if it is the theory that you really want, then any edition will work.

Ok, so if I have a trade offer for the 04 version (trading a book I have up FS), versus $26 to buy the new...still y'all think I should get the 09?

I would trade and then decide if you really want the new one when it is released. Maybe the 2nd edition has what info you need for now...

Wait for the third edition. It has better cover art. :D

Seriously though, I own the '99 and '04 versions, and the curriculum recommendations can get out of date pretty quickly. But if you aren't that interested in curriculum recommendations, go with the '04 version.

And, may I respectfully suggest that if you do buy the new version, you purchase from Peace Hill Press instead of Amazon. That way we are supporting the company that provides these extremely helpful, FREE forums for our use/education/enjoyment/torture..... :001_smile:

Does anyone know? I am considering buying a 2nd edn book, but someone showed me the preorder price at amazon and it is not all that much more. What do you all think, should I hold out or get the 2nd edition? My kids are almost 9 and 6 and 18 mos, so we have lots of years to think about...

Borrow the 2nd one from the library or a friend. Wait for the 3rd. Even I , who only loosely adhere to WTM recommendations, am very curious as to the changes.

I voted buy the 2nd. Not because it's cheaper, but because I really like the recommendations and I worry that there will be less and less choices in the new edition. A friend of mine has the 1st edition and I often call her to see what was recommended for history before SOTW came out. That's not to say that I don't like SOTW, I just don't like it for the grammar stage. I really like having a lot of choices. If the 3rd edition comes out and it's not all Peace Hill Press recommendations, but it's significantly different than the 2nd edition (more current book recommendations), I will probably purchase it. If it's basically the same, then I will keep mine.

Blessings!

I voted buy the 2nd. Not because it's cheaper, but because I really like the recommendations and I worry that there will be less and less choices in the new edition. A friend of mine has the 1st edition and I often call her to see what was recommended for history before SOTW came out. That's not to say that I don't like SOTW, I just don't like it for the grammar stage. I really like having a lot of choices.!

Excellent point! Off to see if my library carries the 1st edition. :auto: