Menu

Need marriage book help. Not me. About infidelity.....

A dear mom has experienced infidelity in her marriage. She wishes to overcome it and become happily married. She is in therapy with her DH but the affair has not been dealt with.

I know some of you have sucessfully made it through this; I also know it's a process. What books, sites and info helped you?

The person is a mom and Christian. Super-conservative perspectives such as the Pearls as not a match for this one.

You can PM me if you prefer.

A dear mom has experienced infidelity in her marriage. She wishes to overcome it and become happily married. She is in therapy with her DH but the affair has not been dealt with.

I know some of you have sucessfully made it through this; I also know it's a process. What books, sites and info helped you?

The person is a mom and Christian. Super-conservative perspectives such as the Pearls as not a match for this one.

You can PM me if you prefer.

I am not sure why the affair has not been dealt with when they are both in counseling? Does she mean, her counselor has not confronted her husband with it and given them points to consider or does she possibly mean the process of dealing with it is not completed. I am sure it takes some time and is not easy.

I would go to http://www.newlife.com and try to find a New Life counselor close to where they live. Also the book "Boundaries in Marriage" may help even though I am not sure if it has a lot about this particular scenario - it deals with all kinds of marriage issues.

I'm not sure if you mean super-conservative is or is not a match, but either way, Dr. Laura's advice works if you take it. I'm not sure, either, which party had the affair, but it doesn't really matter. If she makes certain changes, they'll most likely be reciprocated by her dh.

I prefer "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands" over "The Proper Care and Feeding of Marriage". The former speaks directly to what you, the wife can do to improve your marriage, rather than what you both should do. Hoping the other spouse will change can be completely futile. All you can change is your own behavior, however, you can change it in a way that affects his.

"The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands" has had a profound effect on my marriage. Things are good now.

Edited by BabyBre