Menu

I'm not sure this vet tech is going to make it

Terabith

Inky and Aslan went to the vet today for their shots.  My husband took them because I had another engagement.  He texted me to say, "They had to bring out extra reinforcements for Aslan."  I was all, "Oh, was he being spicy?  He didn't try to bite anyone, did he?"  And Mike says, "No, the new junior vet tech thought he would stay still for his butt being shaved and for shots if he spoke soothingly to Aslan and petted him lightly.  Aslan did NOT comply with his instructions."

I'm like dude, props for speaking kindly to the cat, but maybe also scruff him?

• Haha 23

I’m always amazed by the wide spectrum of vet techs. Our 2 dogs have 2 different vets (except in emergencies) because most places have techs and even vets that are terrified of my 4lb chi-mutt who can’t even fit a cat muzzle. But 1 place has techs and a vet who bravely scoop his snarling, nipping (nearly toothlessly), Tasmanian deviling body up and do the work that needs to be done!

Working with animals sounds amazing. And then I think about how many demons like mine there are!

• Like 4

To be fair, we have a kitty who is such a gentleman and would sit still for all the things just because he is chill AF. Speaking kindly and light pets would be all that is required. Scruffing him would be unnecessarily rough and rude.

So, start lightly and adjust as necessary seems like a decent approach. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 4