Menu

The Good Doctor series finale

I just finished watching the whole last season. 

Does anyone else think the guy who plays Dr. Glassman is a hidden gem of an actor? He’s just been amazing the whole series. 

The finale was great. Bittersweet. It ended well. 

The new female autistic intern…she is actually autistic IRL. The ending implies she will be the new Sean Murphy…well, sort of I guess. 

And nothing to do with autism, I suppose, but, man, I have never seen such a clear portrayal and representation of how I FEEL people relate to me. I am exactly like that girl. Or I was when I was below age 30 or so. She appears to just be dismissed constantly. But she just keeps going anyway. I know she is portraying someone with different needs, but still… I just need to say we are just so much the same. It is painful seeing such a realistic depiction. 

And there is that thought still there that I still have, always. Autism? Trauma? Both?

Anyway, that’s just an aside. I mostly was hoping others were sad it ended. Aaron Glassman is my favorite character besides Sean, and it did end in a pretty great way. 

I watch very little of what’s on TV. I enjoyed it, even if I had to keep my eyes closed through all the gory parts. 

Tidbit: IRL the character of the autistic intern has dyscalculia, adhd, and dyslexia. She struggled with reading, writing, and math. Her parents were supportive of her in anything she wanted to do. 

And there are SO many people on the spectrum on this board, so I thought it would be of interest. 

• Like 1

I too was happy with the ending and was glad to see how Sean worked to honor the man who raised and supported him. I was wondering how true to life the portrayal of autism was so I'm happy to find out that it was. I also agree about Dr. Glassman being such a good actor.

• Thanks 1