Menu

Snack ideas please

No judgement please as we are not going to change someone who is very stuck in their ways for many decades. 

I need a little help or ideas if you have please.  I need snack ideas for someone with type 2 diabetes that meet these requirements-

Nothing that an extremely picky toddler wouldn’t eat.  They hate most things except for cheese it’s, goldfish, chips , pretzels, and cookies.  

Nothing from the sea or related to hummus. 

Fruit has to be watched as they tend to over eat at the few fruits they eat and get sick.  

I don’t even mind prepackaged foods if that helps. 

Thanks in advance.  I know those of us taking care of her will appreciate any ideas. 

10 minutes ago, Innisfree said:

Some actual cheese, as opposed to Cheeze-Itz? I’m trying to think of high protein, highly palatable foods instead of focusing on carbs.

Or even these crisps made from just cheese?  https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/260607/basic-keto-cheese-crisps/

My dd made homemade cheez its for me years ago.  There are lots of recipes online but I don't know if they are good for diabetics.  

21 minutes ago, almondbutterandjelly said:

We recently discovered Kodiak Protein muffin mixes.

Their pancake mixes are very good too.  You can make an easy mug cake out of them with 1/2 cup mix, 1/2 cup water and 2 mins in microwave.  There are several flavors to choose from.