Menu

Hand Mixers?

Does anyone have a hand mixer they like? I seem to break mine about every 3 years during Christmas Cookie baking, so I don't have time to research and I just get one that's on sale. I did the same thing this year, but one of the beaters broke already so I'll be taking it back and now I've got some time to research and/or order online if needed.

So, do you have a hand mixer you love? One that has held up well?

I don't own a stand mixer ~ never have. Oh, wait. I did own a KitchenAid stand mixer for a couple of days, but I took it back before ever using it. I couldn't tolerate having such a big thing around when a hand mixer does the trick just fine. The hand mixer ~ nearly 15 years old, I think ~ is a KitchenAid. Very simple, with only three speeds. I bake a *lot* and it's held in there thus far. The only thing is, I don't know if they're maufactured the same now as they were then. This one was made in the States, for example.

I had a KitchenAid 5 speed mixer that I used for *everything* for about 12 years before all the speeds went out except the 5th :confused:. I loved my KitchenAid.

I just got a new mixer for Christmas but it's not a KitchenAid. This time, I'm trying this one. I did use this on Christmas morning to make whipped cream and it worked beautifully (I got the mixer before Christmas). Very comparable to the KitchenAid, though I will say that it had a smoother, slower start than the new KitchenAid model (which my mom now has).

And do you know what I used the whipped cream for? To top the homemade waffles using your mom's recipe! Very yummy! And it made so many! We are on the third day in a row of having them for breakfast - the recipe made 20 large, thick waffles. Thank you!

I'm with Colleen on the KtichenAid - don't know if they're as good as they used to be. Only time will tell on this Cuisinart too though. Good luck! :D

I had a KitchenAid 5 speed mixer that I used for *everything* for about 12 years before all the speeds went out except the 5th :confused:. I loved my KitchenAid.

I just got a new mixer for Christmas but it's not a KitchenAid. This time, I'm trying this one. I did use this on Christmas morning to make whipped cream and it worked beautifully (I got the mixer before Christmas). Very comparable to the KitchenAid, though I will say that it had a smoother, slower start than the new KitchenAid model (which my mom now has).

And do you know what I used the whipped cream for? To top the homemade waffles using your mom's recipe! Very yummy! And it made so many! We are on the third day in a row of having them for breakfast - the recipe made 20 large, thick waffles. Thank you!

I'm with Colleen on the KtichenAid - don't know if they're as good as they used to be. Only time will tell on this Cuisinart too though. Good luck! :D

I'm glad you guys liked them :001_smile:.

Thanks for the tip on the Cuisinart. The most recent hand mixer I burned out was a Sunbeam, and it had no slow starting speed, so mixing anything with flour or powdered sugar was messy. I'm not sure about the KitchenAid, either. The reviews are mixed, so I'm thinking they aren't made like they used to be. And if I'm going to buy a hand mixer that's only going to last for a couple of years, I'd rather it be the $20 variety instead of the $50+, you know?