Menu

Online English Classes for 9th grade?

I'm a little out of the loop and haven't outsourced English for awhile.  I'm advising someone. What online English courses do you recommend?

A Christian company is fine (and likely prefered). 

Literature doesn't have to be included, but it could include literature.

This will be for a 9th grader.

A friend gave me the following input- WTM academy was her favorite between  HSLDA, The potter's school, and WTM academy.  She felt like the WTM assignments were not busywork and were a manageble amount of work.  The price is higher than many, so I'd like some other ideas as well.

What else is out there? Do you have any specific instructor recommendations/company recommendations?  Or comments about the 3 that I mention above?

Thanks!

We have enjoyed courses with Center for Lit and The House of Humane Letters. And one of Roy Speed’s Shakespeare intensives. 

CfL has writing instruction as a separate course that can be combined with the Lit portion. HHL is Lit only, no writing instruction at all. 

Many here have had good success with Lantern for writing. Write at Home is similar, a bit more expensive. WaH also offers full English courses (Lit and Comp).

• Like 1