Menu

Recent reviews of Classical Liberal Arts Academy?

Though we are not practicing Catholics, I wondered if we could still use classes from this online academy. It looks affordable and intriguing. My concern is that posts from 15+ years ago claim the headmaster admitted to a belief system such as not sparing the rod— WTM posts state he admitted to using a leather belt on his children daily. So I have ethical concerns, but I need something affordable and good. The classes are $125/each and use public domain materials from what I can tell. 

Edited by Ting Tang

I have never heard of it before, but I’d run away from any program that claims to be the only source of excellent classical education (within any faith tradition), and says that books are unnecessary! 

Ime, online courses can be great, but many kids are actually not fully independent with them. Parent involvement at some level, possibly a significant one,  is still needed and important. Their verbiage about independent learners would give me pause also.

• Like 1

I am a devout Catholic and I would run the other way.  I previewed his materials back when he first started and I thought the assignments were wildly age inappropriate.

If you want a solid option, I'd look at enrolling with Kolbe.  Of all of the Catholic providers, I think Kolbe offers the best academic options.  My 2nd choice would be Mother of Divine Grace.

Edited by 8filltheheart
  • Like 2