Menu

How would you list this math on a transcript?

DD2 is a high school senior. Math is not her best subject and we’ve been a little all over the place with it. We did MUS Algebra 1 in 9th grade (she did ok with it but not great), MUS Geometry in 10th (she did fine with this), MUS Algebra 2 in 11th (we pushed through but it was a struggle), this year, for 12th, we’ve decided to just review Algebra and solidify as many concepts as possible. We’re using Saxon Algebra 1 right now. I was hoping to get into Algebra 2 by the end of the year but I don’t think it will happen. I’m not really sure how to list this year’s math on her transcript. I’d rather not list the Algebra 2 with the low grade it will have but I think I’m kind of stuck with that one. How would you do this? 

2 hours ago, freesia said:

I think I would just leave this year off and have 3 math credits on her transcript. 

I might do this. I don’t want to put Algebra 1 twice, once in 9th and again in 12th. It’s what she needed and part of the magic of homeschooling is that we can do this. But it wouldn’t make sense to anyone else.

I wonder if we have done enough to cobble together a consumer math credit. Or even just half a credit. She’s done some stuff in co-op that could fit and she started working this year and has learned some stuff there. We’ll be working on taxes this week. I have a consumer math text. I’ll see how much we’ve covered and maybe switch to that through the end of the year. 

35 minutes ago, 2ndGenHomeschooler said:

I might do this. I don’t want to put Algebra 1 twice, once in 9th and again in 12th. It’s what she needed and part of the magic of homeschooling is that we can do this. But it wouldn’t make sense to anyone else.

I wonder if we have done enough to cobble together a consumer math credit. Or even just half a credit. She’s done some stuff in co-op that could fit and she started working this year and has learned some stuff there. We’ll be working on taxes this week. I have a consumer math text. I’ll see how much we’ve covered and maybe switch to that through the end of the year. 

I think that’s a great idea. My present ninth grader is doing geometry this year but we are also heavily reviewing algebra. I just didn’t think she was solid enough. I’m not going to put the review on the transcript at all. 

I also think that hitting consumer math hard is probably the most useful math for a child not going into a math heavy major. I think Algebra 2 and consumer math is fine.