Menu

Does this type of Biology curriculum exist?

Is there a solid asynch high school bio course with the following?

- short videos 5-15 minutes (multiple short videos per lesson is fine)

- plenty of assignments to choose from to help student review / consolidate information

- notetaking templates

- honors option

I see Thinkwell as one option (from the pinned Bio thread). Are there others?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, cintinative said:

@Clemsondana does yours provide this?  I know that there are guided reading notebooks for the older versions of the Miller-Levine text. 

I don't have notetaking templates.  Most weeks there's a weekly homework that aligns with the videos.  The text is a reference, and some students read all of the chapters that align with the syllabus while others never open the book.  There isn't a choice of assignments - each week has a homework and short quiz, and then there are small projects that go with each section to help students spend enough time with the material that they actually learn it.  Thanks for tagging me!  

• Like 2

Kolbe Academy has a self-paced honors (and regular) Bio course using Miller and Levine's Macaw book. https://courses.kolbe.org/

Asynchronous
PS09BLGPRH

Our Asynchronous courses offer students a regular set of activities each week, including practice work, reflection and discussion, recorded content, and embedded homework with teacher feedback and guidance. Students are enrolled into penalty-free due date pacing. All grading is provided through a combination of auto-graded, self-graded, and teacher graded assignments. Answer keys are provided for the self-graded activities. Teachers are available for office instruction when needed and teachers submit semester grades upon completion of the term. Opting out of teacher grade reporting and/or due date pacing is possible. 

Order Books

You can get the ebook bundle if you buy a class. It's possible (I can't be certain--you need to check) that there are self-guided notes included.  https://books.kolbe.org/products/online-biology-resource-bundle

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, KSera said:

Have you looked at Oakmeadow Biology? I don’t think it hits every one of your points, like I don’t know if there are any videos, but I know it has a choice of assignments.

I haven’t. I’ll check it out- thank you