Menu

This trend of French content with no subtitles…

Is really annoying. Looking at you, “France channel”. Almost as annoying as movies that used to be available to stream when Ds was younger no longer being available. (Chorus, etc). 

And if you’ve found a resource for French with subtitles, please add? I’m not a huge fan of watching English-language shows in French. I’ve recently found a couple (PeP’s, Nos chers voisins) that would have been perfect but for the pesky subtitle issue…

Lupin and miraculous ladybug only go so far. Thanks for reading this vent 🙂 

• Like 1

Do you want French subtitles with spoken French or English subtitles with spoken French?

Not sure if this language learning extension through use of subtitles would be helpful or if you have to have existing subtitles: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/language-learning-with-ne/bekopgepchoeepdmokgkpkfhegkeohbl

It's on my list of things to try but I haven't yet.

I wonder whether using a VPN and using Netflix or YouTube from a third country to get access to French shows would get you subtitles and a better choice of shows? Maybe Belgium? 

On 2/18/2024 at 7:40 PM, madteaparty said:

Ideally we need English subtitles here but can get by with French subtitles. I tried a language exteension like that but it’s very limited to chrome/youtube/netflix 😞

If you mean Language Reactor, they are still expanding options and browsers, so keep an eye on it. It really is useful for showing the native language (L2) subtitles in both L1 and L2.