Menu

what would you do?

ShepCarlin

I have a dentist appt this morning for a crown fitting. I have already had to reschedule this once due to a family emergency. I have nasal congestion and don't feel awesome. No fever and COVID test is negative. Should I still go? Daffodils are blooming here which typically is the start of allergy season so I'm thinking it's my seasonal allergies. I really need this tooth taken care of but I don't want to be "that patient" who shows up sick. 

I thought about calling but I live 5 minutes away so I think I'm just going to show up and tell them what is going on. Hopefully, if they can see me in person, they can make a better judgement call. I am so irritated about this. I need this work done but I don't want to be a jackass about it. 

• Like 4

I’m sorry for the bad timing and thank you for being thoughtful about it! I’d show up in a mask if that’s not your usual procedure, since the dentist is such a vulnerable place for high risk people since they have to remove masks to have work done. Maybe you’ll be the only patient and they can all n95. 

• Like 1

We have called and told them what was going on and they really appreciated it and asked us not to come in.  Totally fine with us. This was a kid with a cough. However at least by us, this was not what most people did.  We went to the dentist before Christmas and there were so many coughing people including the office staff that were unmasked.  

• Sad 2