Menu

If you are in the UK, please read. I would like to request a favor.

Kareni

Hello there,

I am hoping that you might be able to grant me a favor.

I've been making bookmarks over the past year. (See here for the latest batch.) I would like to make a Shirley Bassey themed bookmark for a friend, and I've learned that Shirley Bassey stamps were recently released in the UK. 

I would appreciate it if you could send two or three stamps, a postcard, or a first day envelope for me to use. The stamps need not be new; cancelled would be fine. In return, I would be happy to make a bookmark featuring your interests.

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kareni said:

Hello there,

I am hoping that you might be able to grant me a favor.

I've been making bookmarks over the past year. (See here for the latest batch.) I would like to make a Shirley Bassey themed bookmark for a friend, and I've learned that Shirley Bassey stamps were recently released in the UK. 

I would appreciate it if you could send two or three stamps, a postcard, or a first day envelope for me to use. The stamps need not be new; cancelled would be fine. In return, I would be happy to make a bookmark featuring your interests.

Regards,

Kareni

Sure. PM me.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Kareni said:

Thank you, @Laura Corin!

Regards,

Kareni

You're welcome.  I'm walking by a big post office today. If they don’t have them, I'll need to order some online.

For my own  - perhaps on one side a photo I will send you plus a chocolate chip cookie and a sprig of rosemary.  On the other side, another photo, a jay bird and a sprig of laurel?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for your efforts on my behalf!

You've definitely piqued my interest, and I will be happy to work on your bookmark. My one concern is that I've never laminated a photo, @Laura Corin, at the copy shop to which I take my bookmarks. I was told that some items do not laminate well. For example, many modern cash register receipts simply turn black which is something I would not have anticipated. I may stop in and ask some questions.

Regards,

Kareni

56 minutes ago, Kareni said:

Thank you for your efforts on my behalf!

You've definitely piqued my interest, and I will be happy to work on your bookmark. My one concern is that I've never laminated a photo, @Laura Corin, at the copy shop to which I take my bookmarks. I was told that some items do not laminate well. For example, many modern cash register receipts simply turn black which is something I would not have anticipated. I may stop in and ask some questions.

Regards,

Kareni

Good to know - I'll think again. 

The post office no longer has those stamps,  so I'll order them tomorrow.  Are you on a deadline? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Laura Corin said:

The post office no longer has those stamps,  so I'll order them tomorrow.  Are you on a deadline? 

The intended recipient has no idea that I plan to do this, so I am under no deadline. Thank you again!

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 1

On 1/26/2024 at 7:08 PM, Kareni said:

The intended recipient has no idea that I plan to do this, so I am under no deadline. Thank you again!

Regards,

Kareni

Hi, Kareni.  I've received the stamps and am putting three Shirley Bassey stamps into the post for you.  I will also send a couple of Scotland stamps - one flag, one thistle.

For my book mark, would this work? On one side a sprig of rosemary and a chocolate chip cookie with a Scottish and a US stamp; on the other side a laurel leaf/sprig and a jay with a Scottish and a US stamp.  No text/quotations, thank you.  The symbols represent our family and our national affiliations.  Thanks!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you, @Laura Corin

Yes, I would think your plan would work well. Since I use old library date due cards for my bookmarks, give some thought as to what you might like for your book's title, author name, and call number. You might wish to send that information in a personal message if it's private.

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...