Menu

Chinese course options

I’d love to know if anyone has a strong, tried-and-true recommendation for (Mandarin) Chinese. My son has been auto-didacting 🙃 Chinese for a few years and has decided to get a couple formal years under his belt before college. He’d prefer a native speaker teacher for obvious reasons. Any suggestions are welcome! 

thanks! 

Edited by pehp

My DD has been doing one-on-one tutoring with Kena Kong at 5 Star Mandarin for more than two years now. She is a native speaker who is reliable, thorough, and kind. DD has always done speaking two days a week and writing lessons one day a week, but I got the impression when we started that most learners did not do the writing (characters anyway, which is what DD does).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alte Veste Academy said:

My DD has been doing one-on-one tutoring with Kena Kong at 5 Star Mandarin for more than two years now. She is a native speaker who is reliable, thorough, and kind. DD has always done speaking two days a week and writing lessons one day a week, but I got the impression when we started that most learners did not do the writing (characters anyway, which is what DD does).

Excellent! Thank you. My son has learned a lot of characters already, and would like that aspect of the tutoring. 

• Like 1

It's oral fluency focused, but I've heard good things about Hill's Chinese, which is an adult language school based in NY, but which offers online classes and apparently is fine with high schoolers joining. 

• Like 1