Menu

If my iron is low...

PeterPan

On 11/26/2023 at 9:50 AM, PeterPan said:

Apparently there is some connection between iron levels and inflammation. It could be my iron was low and connected to the slow increase in inflammation I've been having over the last few years.

2 hours ago, PeterPan said:

Doing that seems to be working, because the ridges on my nails are slowly reversing and my energy and stamina much improved.

As prariewindmomma suggested, you have lots of indications of inflammation. Covid causes inflammation throughout the body, often with lasting endotheleitis, which is inflammation of the lining of your blood vessels. Some people find it helpful to take supplements that help reduce inflammation and heal the endothelium: NAC, curcumin, Nattokinase and some others. Iron issues are SUPER common post Covid. Some people take lactoferrin, which is involved in iron transport, and find it very helpful (and some don’t).

Are your nail ridges horizontal? Beau’s lines? Those are frequently associated with infections/illnesses (and have been called “Covid nails” in the last several years) but also, interestingly, they have been seen in divers making deep dives and could have some relation to HBOT as well. They grow out as time since illness passes. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, KSera said:

lactoferrin,

I haven't read much about lactoferrin. It's saying it binds the iron. So that somehow makes it work better or it's a separate concern and good for the immune system?

Yeah, the Beau's ridges seem, from what I've read, to be a stop growth because of illness thing associated with the physical stress and low zinc. I did my HBOT a number of years ago so it's not connected to that. I had pneumonia recently and that's when the lines occurred.