Menu

Best self teaching for piano for adult

historically accurate

We have a piano that hasn't been touched in, oh, about 8 years or so. I'm wanting to play it a little, but I'm a little overwhelmed by ALL the Youtube "You Can Play Piano" adult beginner videos. We have the bench absolutely stuffed with sheet music, but most is beyond my level.

I can read music, treble better than bass since I sang for many years in school. I did take piano lessons for about 2 years when I was little; therefore, I'm hoping I'll pick it up fairly easily. 

Anyone have a good starting place for me?

Get a few lessons with a teacher. There is a lot at the beginning of playing any instrument the posture and placement of your body parts that I think it's important to have a person be looking at what you are doing and correcting you then. 

Yes, people have self taught how to play instrument and become great, I just think the risk is big for doing so. Of course of the self-taught crowd we are only going to hear about the successes and not the people who stopped because of carpel tunnel syndrome or something. 

• Like 1