Menu

Credit Score Report Rant

:rant:

I would like to find ONE place that will give me my free credit score required by law WITHOUT also requiring credit card info and automatically signing me up for some trial of a fee-based service that I have to go back and cancel!!!:mad:

And of course the cancel function is buried, way, way down in the website and is extremely difficult to find.:glare:

GRRRRR!:banghead:

:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

My dear S, this is the second bummer today. Is the snow getting to you? Are you a secret Scrooge, like me? Snow pants too tight?

From Your Pal on the Mild Side

:lol::lol::lol:

No, it's coincidence. I was reading the credit threads and what makes your score go up and down and so on, but perhaps it was a bad idea to think to myself, "Hmmm, it's been a while since you checked your score, and you'll need a new car soon. Maybe you should check it . . ." Oops.:D

:lol::lol::lol:

No, it's coincidence. I was reading the credit threads and what makes your score go up and down and so on, but perhaps it was a bad idea to think to myself, "Hmmm, it's been a while since you checked your score, and you'll need a new car soon. Maybe you should check it . . ." Oops.:D

Well, I fell for the "free check your score", too, and discovered all three think I'm still married to my ex, and that he took out a mortgage in 2002, and again in 2006 AND a car loan. This guy makes a whole lot more money than I, but then, I never blew through 100K in one year entertaining my "friends".

I'm thinking the car companies are WILD about selling a car right now and may finance you easily.

Well, I fell for the "free check your score", too, and discovered all three think I'm still married to my ex, and that he took out a mortgage in 2002, and again in 2006 AND a car loan. This guy makes a whole lot more money than I, but then, I never blew through 100K in one year entertaining my "friends".

I'm thinking the car companies are WILD about selling a car right now and may finance you easily.

Ouch. Sorry about that.

Yeah, they're wild about selling a car, but we're not wild about figuring out how to afford adding a payment to our budget right now.:tongue_smilie:

Have you checked out the Federal Trade Commission Website?

http://www.ftc.gov/freereports

This is the right place to go because it has the official link to the website that the three major bureaus set up to comply with the free annual credit report law.

They're only required to give a report, not the credit score. You have to pay for that.