Menu

Update: Day 6 without Coffee...

Ann.without.an.e

On 4/13/2023 at 1:16 PM, Elizabeth86 said:

Yes! I love coffee and black tea! They both bring me joy. Green tea? Not so much.

Ann, how are the twins?

wow, I thought I answered this. Haha, they are good. I updated after you asked (in a weight update post). Hope your little man is good ❤️ 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

OH wow.  Hmm

How much coffee do you drink compared to how much green tea?

Do you add other things to your coffee?

I added some dairy free creamer. It was sweetened but I didn't add any additional sugar or syrup, etc. 

I think I drank the equivalent of 2 cups of coffee a day?  12-14 ounces-ish? I only had it in the morning and no more but my mug is a good sized mug. 

I'm drinking about 2-3 cups of green tea a day. I'm using the Tazo Ginger Green, steeping it in a quart mason jar with 4 bags and then chilling it and drinking it iced with a little purple juice added for flavor. I realized I will never be a warm tea drinker. I just can't. Like I love warm coffee but not tea. I prefer tea iced. So I've been able to get more tea in that way. I've just embraced the iced tea thing and it has helped me feel more human. 

Green tea feels like a cleaner energy. I can't really explain that exactly but coffee is more like a jolt of energy and then, bam, gone. Green tea feels less jolting and longer lasting. So overall I think I'm feeling better. 

ETA: to clarify, I'm brewing a quart but not drinking the whole quart most days. Usually just 1/2-2/3 of it. 

Edited by Ann.without.an.e
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ann.without.an.e said:

. I'm down 5 pounds since switching from coffee to green tea. Hmmmm....did coffee itself just screw with my adrenals? Is that why I haven't been able to lose weight?

That’s interesting. Coffee black (no sugar, no milk), green tea, black tea all would make me lose weight if I drink more than a cup a day. Black tea would make me feel like a mild gastric attack is coming on anyway even when taken with food. They have a strong diuretic effect on me. My husband is only affected by the diuretic and laxative effects of coffee even with any kind of milk.

4 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

OH wow.  Hmm

How much coffee do you drink compared to how much green tea?

Do you add other things to your coffee?

Wondering too out of curiosity