Menu

12/19, Friday execise thread

Good Morning ladies!

DH and I had arranged to swim this morning but he neglected to tell me that we didn't need to go early. He has a doctor's appointment and won't go in to work until afterward. So he woke up at 6 am because I was staring at him! He got up and we went. They were short on guards so we ended up sharing a lane. He's doing this new thing where he's swimming a lot faster - he lapped me every 6 laps! I think he did 36. I did 32, in 36:17 for me. That's .89 miles.

But then the cool thing - we drove together. On the way out of the parking lot, he called the kids to make sure all was well and said "I'm kidnapping your mother. We're going to Tahiti." He took me to a local bagel place and we had breakfast together. :001_wub: Obviously not Tahiti!

Good Morning ladies!

DH and I had arranged to swim this morning but he neglected to tell me that we didn't need to go early. He has a doctor's appointment and won't go in to work until afterward. So he woke up at 6 am because I was staring at him! He got up and we went. They were short on guards so we ended up sharing a lane. He's doing this new thing where he's swimming a lot faster - he lapped me every 6 laps! I think he did 36. I did 32, in 36:17 for me. That's .89 miles.

But then the cool thing - we drove together. On the way out of the parking lot, he called the kids to make sure all was well and said "I'm kidnapping your mother. We're going to Tahiti." He took me to a local bagel place and we had breakfast together. :001_wub: Obviously not Tahiti!

Awwwww....that is so sweet. And great job on the laps.

I would like to report that I walked to the mailbox yesterday. :tongue_smilie:

Awwwww....that is so sweet. And great job on the laps.

I would like to report that I walked to the mailbox yesterday. :tongue_smilie:

Good job Scarlett! How did it feel? I know you are still recovering for surgery. I'm not close to anyone who has had that surgery so I don't know what recovery is like.

Good job Scarlett! How did it feel? I know you are still recovering for surgery. I'm not close to anyone who has had that surgery so I don't know what recovery is like.

It was really cold yesterday and I found myself walking back up the drive very quickly....that kind of hurt my stomach....but mostly I'm ok. I drove this morning for the first time and I have have other errands to do in town-- including going to see the nurse to get my staples removed.

I can't vacuum, sweep, carry big loads of laundry....and bending over a lot tires me out...but I'm ok. Just thankful for modern medicine even if the clinic did let me sit in the waiting room so long my appendix ruptured. :glare:

Oh Scarlett - I didn't know it actually burst. You must've been in so much pain! I'm so sorry. Please do take it easy. I know it must be hard, but you'll actually recover faster if you do! I wish I could come over and help you with Christmas preparations or something!

Cheryl - that was very sweet of your dh!!! (But, I think I'd prefer Tahiti over bagels!! LOL)

Well, I was going to run this morning. I knew we were expecting snow, but I can run in snow! What I can't run in is the 45 mph wind with the snow. It hurts your face!!! So, I did the Beach Body video again - but this time I did the sculpt as well as the cardio. I also did my abs video. 1 hour, 15 minutes. I'll be sore tomorrow!!!

Well, I was going to run this morning. I knew we were expecting snow, but I can run in snow! What I can't run in is the 45 mph wind with the snow. It hurts your face!!! So, I did the Beach Body video again - but this time I did the sculpt as well as the cardio. I also did my abs video. 1 hour, 15 minutes. I'll be sore tomorrow!!!

Snow is pretty to run in. 45 mph winds are not! Stay safe!

Good job. an hour and 15 minutes. Oy! Great job!

Big news! I can't run due to the weather!

Even reading that is getting old, isn't it?:tongue_smilie: At least I'm in good company; seems like a lot of the country is dealing with tough weather conditions just now. Today is actually gorgeous and sunny ~ but of course the wind is still blowing here. We plan to head up the mountain for a little bit of sledding and skiing. Emphasis on "little bit". It's just a touch above zero there and some of my guys (and yours truly) aren't going to last long in that. But at least I'll be outside. I'm going @(&*# stir crazy in the house.

This weather is supposed to hang around for at least a week. Methinks I need to break down and get that short-term gym membership!

Big news! I can't run due to the weather!

Even reading that is getting old, isn't it?:tongue_smilie: At least I'm in good company; seems like a lot of the country is dealing with tough weather conditions just now. Today is actually gorgeous and sunny ~ but of course the wind is still blowing here. We plan to head up the mountain for a little bit of sledding and skiing. Emphasis on "little bit". It's just a touch above zero there and some of my guys (and yours truly) aren't going to last long in that. But at least I'll be outside. I'm going @(&*# stir crazy in the house.

This weather is supposed to hang around for at least a week. Methinks I need to break down and get that short-term gym membership!

I wouldn't last long outside either. Or inside for that matter. :grouphug: :grouphug: The gym membership is looking better for you.

You guys are not going to believe this. I was heading out the door----literally had the keys in the lock---when the phone rang. It was my GP calling me...he asked me how I was feeling. I told him great and that I was on my way to the surgeons office to get the stapels out. He says, 'Your appendix did not rupture and in fact it was a healthy appendix.' :001_huh:

However, SOMETHING was in my gut last Friday that gave everyone the impression that my appendix had ruptured. So he told me to go on in to town, get staples removed and go get another CT Scan. That process took hours of course, and I wasn't allowed to eat. I was about to starve to death. Final results? Nothing wrong with me now and apparently there is no way to know WHAT was wrong with me a week ago.

His GUESS is that I had an giant cyst on my ovary that burst before the CT Scan and that cyst gunk is what they picked up on when they read the CT scan and thus thought appenidix.

Can you believe all that? What a day.

You guys are not going to believe this. I was heading out the door----literally had the keys in the lock---when the phone rang. It was my GP calling me...he asked me how I was feeling. I told him great and that I was on my way to the surgeons office to get the stapels out. He says, 'Your appendix did not rupture and in fact it was a healthy appendix.' :001_huh:

His GUESS is that I had an giant cyst on my ovary that burst before the CT Scan and that cyst gunk is what they picked up on when they read the CT scan and thus thought appenidix.

Can you believe all that? What a day.

Wow! About all I can say is wow!

I did a 12 minute mile with Leslie Sansone. Then I spent 3 hours cleaning the playroom which should count for something.

Then this afternoon I rode my horse for about 15 minutes. We had 12+ inches of new snow today so that meant a LOT of huffing it through knee deep snow to get him from the pasture, lead him out to ride, and then lead him around the round pen while my girls rode him. I figure that is my resistance training for the day.

Wow, Scarlett, what a story. I hope that whatever was wrong is now gone. May your recovery go smoothly.

Cold weather makes working out outdoors a challenge, doesn't it? I cringe just reading about all your cold temps, deep snow, and high winds. Colleen, you know if you get a short term gym membership the weather will turn unseasonably warm.....;)

After a week of gray, drizzly, cold weather, this morning dawned clear and sunny. What a relief. I did 59 minutes of walking in middle seventies temps...short sleeved tee! My long bike pants were actually too warm for me today.

I even did a short distance of super slow jogging. I'm hoping to sneak in just a few steps here and there without my back noticing. Jogging--even as slowly as I did it--certainly kicked my heart rate up. But it usually kills my back. I'm hoping I've built enough support strength to help out.

Happy exercising!