Menu

What type of Fitbit?

Hilltopmom

Shopping for a Fitbit. 

Trying to decide between the basic Inspire 3 and the Charge 5.
How important is built in GPS vs just hooking it up to your phone? 
want for biking in particular & hiking plus step count and heart rate. Would have my phone with me for biking anyways.

I like the look of the slimmer Inspire 3 but it doesn’t have built in GPS. Is it a big hassle to connect to GPS on phone?

The charge 5 has built in GPS but is a wider clunkier looking thing on your wrist.

(I don’t want the phone type smart watch- just a fitness tracker). Won’t be using the premium service.

Suggestions? Thanks

I’ve googled a ton and just can’t decide.

ETA- I have limited data on my phone if that matters for using the phone’s GPS 

Edited by Hilltopmom

24 minutes ago, Carol in Cal. said:

Personally, I exercise where I don’t necessarily have phone service, in remoter park and wilderness areas, and so having an inherent GPS in the device was an important feature for me.   YMMV.

Oh actually, you’re right. That hadn’t occurred to me for hiking. I was thinking most of my biking areas I have phone service. But not so much for hiking.

3 hours ago, Hilltopmom said:

Oh actually, you’re right. That hadn’t occurred to me for hiking. I was thinking most of my biking areas I have phone service. But not so much for hiking.

See, and while I usually exercise in range of my phone, my hiking is my HEFTIEST exercise and I don’t want to miss out on documenting it.

• Thanks 1