Menu

How to decline acceptances?

mlktwins

The boys are trying to decline 4 acceptances. One had a cardboard mailer "thing" to fill out with their decision and those will be mailed back tomorrow. The other 3, when they go on the website, just talks about next steps, paying the deposit, and so on. How do they notify the school? Just send them an email and ask?

For JMU and UMW, there was an accept or decline button. These 3 don't have that option.

10 minutes ago, Kassia said:

Maybe have them send an email to the admissions counselor saying they don't intend on attending and asking if there is something they should do to formally decline?  

Thank you. This is what I said, but I wanted to check here :-).

My kid had one school with no obvious place to decline. He e-mailed admissions to tell them he wasn't coming, but he still got e-mails and physical mail all spring/summer urging him to put a housing deposit down. It was annoying. So I'd second e-mailing the admissions officer, and at that point you've done your part!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Farrar said:

Sometimes there's a button in the portal. Easy peasy. Sometimes it tells you who to email in the portal.

And then there are schools like Indiana. I figure as long as you do your due diligence by trying to let them know, you did your job.

They looked all through the portal options. I looked as well and went through the mailed paperwork. Just going to email these 3 and call it done unless they ask for something else.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, kokotg said:

My kid had one school with no obvious place to decline. He e-mailed admissions to tell them he wasn't coming, but he still got e-mails and physical mail all spring/summer urging him to put a housing deposit down. It was annoying. So I'd second e-mailing the admissions officer, and at that point you've done your part!

Yeah, we are all tired of all the emails too -- LOL! I was hoping this would fix it, but maybe not. Maybe we will unsubscribe from them too.

• Like 1