Menu

Math Made Fun ?

Hey guys, I'm currently working on a platform that teaches math using games and interactive characters to make the experience more enjoyable and meaningful for your kids.
To make sure that the platform meets the needs of homeschooling parents and their children, I need your help! I'm conducting a short survey to better understand your needs and preferences. The survey takes less than 2 minutes to complete and your input will be incredibly valuable in shaping the platform.
Here's the link to the survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeRo2De0ZtcfR0e3a0H6TdWGXveHbDVJCbbRsTFMp9QmtOSZw/viewform
Thank you in advance for your help!

I'll give you a response here, since it's more appropriate.

You need to scrap your survey.  Between the spelling errors and the lack of meaty questions, you will find out nothing.  You should be asking questions like:

"How does your child approach math?"

"Which teaching tools do your children learn with?  Select all that apply: puzzles, mini-games, base-10 blocks.."

"Which is more important to you, an interactive element where children can manipulate virtual tools or an emphasis on mental math?"

Your current survey does not ask anything like this.  Math is meaningful when a child gains competency and feels confident in their ability.  You know what type of support is needed for both students and parents, so you will not find anything useful in responses given.  It feels like a cheap marketing ploy to advertise a coming product, but the lack of English competency makes it feel suspect.

• Like 3

My children get lost when educational stuff gets too mixed in with games.  For example- teach your monster to read- it is just way way way too slow.  Children need to be engrossed in front of a screen for way too long to get enough practice in a session.  Maybe finding out what parents do and don’t like in other programs might help you narrow things down.

I submitted something. I don't know if my opinion is helpful because 1) my kids think math is engaging all by itself, and 2) for the reasons that I'll mention below educational computer games haven't worked well for us.

My eldest struggles with the online/game learning software, mostly because at some point he also has fun trying to game the system. Even if whatever he's doing on there is easier than him trying to game the system. Games that are speed-based are better for him because there is less time for him to figure out how to cheat per problem. My younger one (4.5) just has a hard time with the control part of the games. The only way she wants to play them is if some one is willing to do the controls for her as she hollers the answers or the game gives her infinite time to do the action.