Menu

Fun geography finds?

Know of any gems? Especially for physical geography, but anything really. 🙂

I'm shopping for secular geography for a rising 7th grader. He is dysgraphic, so focusing on map drawing or making travel brochures would go over like a lead balloon. He loves good non-fiction books and videos. 

Searches have mostly turned up supplements, dead links, and some good book lists.

We'll likely use the readers/lit from Build Your Library level 7, which will only cover cultural. The rest of the level is pretty meh. 

• Like 1

On 2/26/2023 at 6:15 PM, caffeineandbooks said:

I found Tim Marshall's Prisoners of Geography: Ten Maps That Explain The World fascinating.  He has a couple of other titles along similar lines, but I've not read those.

That looks interesting. Thanks for sharing! He's read through a few books around that level this year and done well with them. 

• 1 month later...

My kids learned a ton of geography playing Plague Inc, and one of my oldest kid's favorite homeschooling memories is when I needed some time working with their sister, I would set oldest up with Sheppard's Software and their online geography games.  

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2023 at 9:09 PM, Terabith said:

My kids learned a ton of geography playing Plague Inc, and one of my oldest kid's favorite homeschooling memories is when I needed some time working with their sister, I would set oldest up with Sheppard's Software and their online geography games.  

Plague looks right up his alley. Thanks! 

He memorizes things ridiculously fast so I don't expect Sheppard or Seterra to entertain him long.