Menu

Thanks to whoever recommended My Body by

HappyGrace

Teacher Created Resources. I originally got it for my 5yo, but my 8yo is really into it too, and there's a lot of great info in it, even for the older. Best of all, it's FUN and simple to do! You can ck it out at TCR's website, but basically you trace the child on butcher paper and put the organs on. There's info about all the organs right in the book. It's more than basic though; you color veins/arteries in the heart different colors, etc. It's perfect to do with dc ages 4-8 or so, I'd say-it's easily stretched up and down, plus inexpensive! LOVE this!

Great fun, and my dd learned a lot. When your kids get a few years older, and you want to do another hands-on body study, I highly recommend "The Body Book" by Donald Silver. In this one, the kids make paper models of the body, systems, and organs. It says it's for grades 3-6, and they have a lot of extra research topics and ask the kids to write papers and do other projects that could stretch kids on the upper end of that scale.

http://www.amazon.com/Body-Book-Grades-3-6/dp/059049239X/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1203213215&sr=8-1