Menu

Question about school requirements in Common App

mlktwins

One more for this morning!

I've made a list of each school's document requirements.  All say school report, which is the transcript (and course descriptions in this case), correct?  

Only 1 school out of 10 specifically says Counselor Letter. I know that is separate from the school report.  But since the student's counselor letters are in there, they will go to each school applied to, correct?  We are all Common App applications here. There isn't any reason not to submit them to all the schools?  

They all say final report, some say mid-year report. No problem. Only 4 of 10 are requesting a mid-year report, but that is a worry for another day :-).

Even though we only have 1 school that requires a teacher LOR, all our schools will get them except for 1 that won't look at them even if they are sent. For us, we have not considered optional.

Thank you!!!

17 hours ago, mlktwins said:

If you have a transcript and course descriptions, pick 2 transcripts and make the 1st one your transcript and the 2nd one your course descriptions.

Ugh, I just tried this and the course descriptions is still too big to upload.  I've contacted support but I'm cranky.  I spun off her math transcripts into their own file, still didn't help.

Just now, Eos said:

Ugh, I just tried this and the course descriptions is still too big to upload.  I've contacted support but I'm cranky.  I spun off her math transcripts into their own file, still didn't help.

Did you try print and save to PDF?  

There are also file compression apps out there.  

What size is your original document (is it in Word)?

And what is it compressing to?

1 minute ago, mlktwins said:

Did you try print and save to PDF?  

There are also file compression apps out there.  

What size is your original document (is it in Word)?

And what is it compressing to?

3.4 MB, limit is 2 MB.  Yes, it's saved as a PDF.  Are we sure we're allowed to compress it? 

11 minutes ago, Eos said:

3.4 MB, limit is 2 MB.  Yes, it's saved as a PDF.  Are we sure we're allowed to compress it? 

Yes, you are allowed to compress it.  How big is your original file? I posted this question on here - I think the Panic thread.

Edited by mlktwins

33 minutes ago, Sebastian (a lady) said:

What font did you use? Oddly, there is a difference in file size for different fonts when saving as a pdf. 

Interesting.  I use Arial, but there's part of the transcript (the part I hate) that has a different font that I don't know its name.