Menu

Best ways to care for kitchen appliances?

Just Kate

I just got new kitchen appliances! This has been a long time coming, both our refrigerator and electric range were on their last legs. The appliances are fingerprint resistant stainless steel. We don’t have the option for gas, so the range is glass top. How to I keep my appliances looking nice and new?

My old appliances were stainless (though not fingerprint resistant) and I found it difficult to keep streak free. The oven was also glass top, and I was horrible with it. I need tried and true tips!!

I’m not finding “fingerprint resistant “ to be quite what it implies. 😉 Sprayway stainless steel cleaner is AMAZING. However, I have to put a towel on the floor to avoid fallout. It left a greasy-looking mess on my LVP the first time I used it.

I like Cerama Bryte for the glasstop. Still requires lots of buffing, but it looks great  My old glass top was able to get away with mostly all purpose cleaner, but not this one. I guess they all vary.

6-ish weeks in, my oven (with a very see-through window) looks almost unused (just almost, lol) because I rub drips or splatters with a basic green scrub pad and baking soda every few uses, before the stuff gets baked in to the point of needing serious work.  
My previous oven door wasn’t quite as see through, so I cleaned it a bit less often, lol.

• Thanks 1