Menu

SOTW Maps for Logic Stage

Just looking at options. I have read that many of you feel Hist. Ody. is boring. Frankly it looks that way to me, too. So I am considering using SOTW for Logic stage with SWB's suggestions for 'beefing' it up. We missed out on it during grammar stage.

My first question is about the maps included with the program...do ya'll feel they are too young for Logic kiddos? If yes, what have you used instead?

My second question is what else have you done to bring it up for the Logic kids in your life? How about projects? Mine aren't into cut and paste and color.

Thanks again to the Hive.

Guest Dulcimeramy

We are in SOTW vol 1. My 12 year old starts with the blackline map from the AG, then adds information from our Atlas of World History. He also adds Bible geography info from our Bible atlas.

He does some of the projects! He tends to bring them up to level on his own. For example, when his little brother was making a growing map of the Egyptian delta, Nate made a scale model of life on the Nile out of Sculpey. His brother wanted to make a paper "double crown," and Nate considered designing and sewing a double crown. Some chapters have nothing to catch his interest. When that happens we do extra research writing or find some awesome website.

I use a mixture between the Knowledge Quest maps and the Geography Coloring BOok (which is mentioned in TWTM for Logic stage maps).

ETA: That is once we finished with SOTW (which we used for part of the Logic stage). While using SOTW- make it easy on yourself and use the maps in the AG- but just add more detail to them if you feel the need. We always enjoyed the mapwork in SOTW and got a lot out of it.