Menu

Lials INTRODUCTORY Algebra 6th Ed

Murphy101

This is an Algebra 2 text.

First chapter is optional (review as needed).

Assign odds (I skip the 'writing ones' as well as the Relating Concept ones). Each lesson is 2 days of homework as text was specifically written for block scheduling.

Assign all problems of Chapter Review stopping at Mixed Review.  Mixed Review and Practice Test optional as needed-- or you can use test in text as actual test-- if so then photocopy and have student take test without the aid of text.

Cumulative Reviews are optional depending on student's needs.

I know they have made a few changes since 6th edition (I teach from 9th edition now and even that is dated...).

I typically stop at logarithm chapter (after a few lessons)-- but I do show students parts of the next chapter (graphing circles and other relations).

• Thanks 1

• Murphy101 changed the title to Lials INTRODUCTORY Algebra 6th Ed
4 minutes ago, Jann in TX said:

This is an Algebra 2 text.

First chapter is optional (review as needed).

Assign odds (I skip the 'writing ones' as well as the Relating Concept ones). Each lesson is 2 days of homework as text was specifically written for block scheduling.

Assign all problems of Chapter Review stopping at Mixed Review.  Mixed Review and Practice Test optional as needed-- or you can use test in text as actual test-- if so then photocopy and have student take test without the aid of text.

Cumulative Reviews are optional depending on student's needs.

I know they have made a few changes since 6th edition (I teach from 9th edition now and even that is dated...).

I typically stop at logarithm chapter (after a few lessons)-- but I do show students parts of the next chapter (graphing circles and other relations).

Just the person I was hoping would respond! Thank you, this is very helpful still bc intermediate is the next book and apparently I kept the plans together. Alas, I wrote intermediate instead of introductory, which is what I need at this time. I’d sure appreciate it if you can tell me the schedule for it too. Thanks bunches. 

On 5/24/2022 at 3:37 PM, Jann in TX said:

Same schedule for Introductory-- except I finish the whole text.   Ist chapter is pre-algebra so easy to skip-- some topics in Chapter 2 can be skipped but rest of text needed for full Algebra 1 course.

I teach very similar to Lial. Only topic I teach differently is factoring quadratics as I have my own method

Thanks!