Menu

Why do people lie about insignificant things?

GracieJane

And it can get weirder too.  Once I was giving a friend directions to my new house.  I said, "you'll see a green sign on your right saying [entering city name].  Take the next left."  The person was on a cell phone saying "OK I'm seeing a white sign but not a green sign."  Me:  "Keep going, you need to turn left after the green sign."  Her:  "I think you're mistaken, there isn't a green sign, only a white sign."  But I was adamantly certain the sign was green.  Each of us thought the other was nuts.  Next time I drove that way, to prove it to myself, I sought out the green sign.  It was gone.  It had just been replaced with a new pretty white sign.  😛

Edited by SKL
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, SKL said:

And it can get weirder too.  Once I was giving a friend directions to my new house.  I said, "you'll see a green sign on your right saying [entering city name].  Take the next left."  The person was on a cell phone saying "OK I'm seeing a white sign but not a green sign."  Me:  "Keep going, you need to turn left after the green sign."  Her:  "I think you're mistaken, there isn't a green sign, only a white sign."  But I was adamantly certain the sign was green.  Each of us thought the other was nuts.  Next time I drove that way, to prove it to myself, I sought out the green sign.  It was gone.  It had just been replaced with a new pretty white sign.  😛

I can totally see that scenario taking place here, with me being certain there’s a green sign. 🤣 

1 hour ago, SKL said:

I had something like that when I visited my in-laws house. I was asked to get something from “ the blue thing” in the kitchen . I searched and searched, but couldn’t find any blue cupboard or anything. I asked my bil wife if she knew, no she couldn’t find a blue cupboard either. Eventually I said to my mil I cannot find the blue thing. Turns out it was a kitchen dresser that previously was blue but had been painted 20 years ago to white.