Menu

I think I shall throw a small tantrum now

alisoncooks

Ugh. There’s a particular thing I’ve been watching for on Craigslist for months. I had given up hope and was about to pull the trigger on buying it brand new (very pricey).  I decided to check Craigslist one last time…and there’s a brand new listing:  great condition, about 60% of new cost.  (Saving me $400.) Yayayayayay!

I contacted the listing owner within 6 hours of the post (Saturday). No response. Ad still live. I waited and waited (Sunday). Contacted the person again (Monday). No response. Ad still up. 

I’m so frustrated, lol. It’s such a horrible tease. I even told DH to contact them as a new buyer — maybe they don’t like my name. But I still really-really-really want it…part of me can’t move on and just buy it new as long as that post is still there, taunting me with its potential savings. 

Tell me to move on, that the person has sold it (high demand item) and is lazy about removing the ad/is indifferent about responding to requests. 

• Sad 1

I can relate - 1ds totaled his car, and needed a new one.  A great camry came up TWO HOURS before I started looking. Would have been perfect.  No response- keep trying, no response.  Later the next day, I get a response it has been sold . . . . (you could have at least told me it was pending . . . . )

1 hour ago, gardenmom5 said:

I can relate - 1ds totaled his car, and needed a new one.  A great camry came up TWO HOURS before I started looking. Would have been perfect.  No response- keep trying, no response.  Later the next day, I get a response it has been sold . . . . (you could have at least told me it was pending . . . . )

Yes! Or something. It’s been days and the post is still live. 

• Like 1